Friday, February 15, 2013

Jane Austen Ruined My Outlook on Men


Damn you, Jane Austen. Last week, I was sick from a stomach flu that just wouldn’t quit.
I couldn’t leave my room without letting the clips from my mouth fall where they may and my throat was skinned away from the acid in my body and I was forced to master the art of the whisper.
High on cherry cough drops, I had not choice, but to lay in bed, wrapped in a five-layer blanket burrito, a trashcan by my side and my laptop balanced on a pillow that was perched on my stomach watching Pride and Prejudice. It was my “sick movie”. But, instead of thinking about all the class I was missing, or all the homework I had to do, or trying to keep down my soup, all I just kept thinking of was that Jane Austen was kind of a bitch. Now, I am not bitter, but why did men stop wearing top hats?
Sometimes, I feel that the feminist infected the gentleman till he hesitated to open the door for her. Now, most men today have all the romance of a red solo cup and the female empowerment of a rap song.

No comments:

Post a Comment