Friday, March 22, 2013

It's not an acquired taste.

I don't drink. I mean I have had a few glasses of wine, sipped some cocktails, tasted vodka, and spit beer onto some guys shoes almost as soon as I took a rather daring gulp from a plastic cup, but I have never seen the point to drinking. I go to all of these parties, mostly because my mother keeps telling me to be more social and my sorority requires us to meet a quota, and all these people are idiots. Most are not even drunk, they're just acting like because it will somehow make them more socially acceptable. Maybe I'm missing out though because those parties are as boring and awkward as having to wait in line at the DMV while some old man tells you that you look like his dead wife when she was young, as he licks his lips and runs his tongue across his yellowing teeth. Maybe you have to be drunk or seemingly drunk to have fun at one of those parties. Beer is the main event because it's cheap along side the barely dressed girls seeking higher education, who are helping this generation take a step back from feminism. I having never liked the taste of beer and all the drunken frat guys can't seem to get over that fact. They always tell me, usually after turning their baseball cap around, that beer is an acquired taste. You might not like beer now, but everyone hates beer at first, that's why you have to keep drinking it till it tastes good. I never thought this was a good reason. It's like everyone gets peer pressured into drinking until we eventually start to enjoy it. But, let me tell you something. That's not an "acquired taste." That's Stockholm Syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment